The following are the worst mistakes you must avoid making during courtship
1. Overlooking red flags:
2. Getting blinded by love or money:
3. Pretending to be who you are not:
"Anyone that can love you as you are will love you more at your best."
4. Accepting ambiguous relationship status:
5. Failing to set life goals and timelines for the relationship:
"Courtship is not just a game of romance; it must come with a more serious discuss."
6. Failing to share your dreams with your courting partner:
7. Exorbitant expectation:
8. Being disrespectful and egoistic:
9. Being passive and too reluctant in the relationship:
10. Sharing extreme secrets with your dating partner:
The following are a few things that you may not necessarily share with someone during courtship:
- You do not need to share how many times you got raped by unknown people.
- Do not share how many abortions you have committed unless it is necessary.
- You do not need to expose all your family history and issues about your biological background.
- Your financial security information like ATM PIN needs to be personal during courtship. Share only if you are very sure it is necessary.
- It is risky to share raw nude photos or videos. Online adult platforms are full of pictures and images from people who were careless about their privacy. If you do not want to see your naked self on a public screen someday, avoid exchange of extreme nudes.
- Sometimes, it is not good to share your financial status because if you show how rich you are, you may not know when people truly love you. However, study your partner very well. You can read about tips to know when someone does not truly love you.
11. Offering your all and being too obsessed while dating:
"A longer time spent with a partner during courtship can become too boring and deems the fire that keeps the relationship burning." (Check the 12th point for clalification).
12. Relinquishing personal goals and self-development because of dating:
"If you abandon your life goals to someone in the name of love, that same person may abandon your love to someone else who has dreams."