Introduction to Marital Compatibility
Why Being Compatible With Your Partner Matters in Marriage | Benefits of Marital Compatibility
- Compatibility reduces the risk of genetically transmitted diseases such as sickle cell anaemia in children.
- When you are compatible with your partner, you are more likely to share interests, values, and goals that will give rise to lasting love and happiness in your marriage.
- Being compatible with your spouse helps to improve communication, resolve conflicts, and increase satisfaction in the relationship/marriage.
- Compatibility is associated with a lower divorce rate. This is because when you are compatible, there is no way you will not be able to overcome every challenge that may come into your marriage.
- Compatibility leads to a more peaceful and fulfilling marriage.
- Compatible partners always have harmony in their marriage, therefore can easily work together toward a set goal.
If you are considering getting married, it is important to take time in assessing your level of compatibility with your potential spouse. Being compatible with your partner will help to increase your chances of having a successful and happy family.
Below are Determining Factors to Help You Understand If You are Compatible Enough to Marry Your PartnerThere are several compatibility factors you should note before accepting or making a marriage proposal. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the most important points to help you understand if you and your partner are compatible to marry yourselves.
1. Physical compatibility:
When you meet people, it is important to consider values and other attributes over physical appearance. However, finding your partner physically attractive boosts the urge for romance and intimacy which in turn strengthens marital bond.
2. DNA and Medical Compatibility:
3. Ideological compatibility:
4. Sexual compatibility:
Simplest Ways to Know if You are Sexually Compatible with Your Partner
- Talk about sex with him/her: Discuss your sexual likes, dislikes, fantasies, and expectations with your partner. This will help you gauge how sexually compatible you are based on his/her feedback.
- Be honest and avoid pretense: Be honest with your partner about your sexual desires. This will help you figure out whether you are both on the same page. If your partner does not share similar desires and fantasies, he/she will be open about it. There is no need to pretend about this because pretense can be dangerous in marriage.
- Try new things: Experiment with new sexual activities and positions if you both are already in it. This will help you discover new things about each other's sexual life, and find out what turns you on. This is a restricted advice for those who have already gone intimate with each other. However, if your belief is against premarital sex, then apply other methods in this list to know if you are sexually compatible.
- Be open-minded: Be open to trying and hearing new things. This will help you learn more about each other’s sexual beliefs and make you understand yourselves. Even if you are not ready for sexual intimacy, do not find it offensive or react with ugliness when your partner makes dirty statements. Allow him/her to say it. It helps you understand his sexual expectations and personality. Talking about it with someone who might become your future husband or wife is not an offense and would not take away your pride and/or virginity.
- Communicate sexual status: Tell your partner about your sexual condition. This will help you both understand each other earlier enough. Tell him/her how much you would like it daily, or weekly. Are you a nymphomaniac, asexual, homosexual, he-female, she-male, impotent or have any related condition? Discuss it early before it is too late in the marriage. The fact is that if your partner discovers the truth thereafter, it is going to cause more pains to both of you. Therefore, early communication is the way forward.
5. Economic and Financial compatibility:
6. Lifestyle and behavioral compatibility:
It makes sense when partners have at least a common hobby. It gives more reason to spend time together enjoying what you like doing.
7. Cultural/Ethno-religious compatibility:
8. Intellectual/ educational compatibility:
The truth is that most uneducated people have inferiority complex syndrome when they are around educated people. They might either feel timid or act weird around them. When you make a polite statement or correction, an uneducated partner may feel you are overshadowing them because they are not educated like you.
9. Professional compatibility:
"Before marriage, your partner already had life goals and dreams. Marrying you should not darken his/her stars but should make them shine brighter."
10. Social compatibility:
11. Mental and Emotional compatibility:
One-sided relationship or marriage cannot end well because at a certain point, the over zealous individual in the relationship is bound to get tired and at that stage it can be hard to make things right again.
12. Family compatibility:
When people from warring families marry, they are prone to face two things, either they end up uniting their families or they lose it all.
13. Political compatibility:
14. Language compatibility:
That your partner understands you does not mean that you should have ambiguous and questionable characters. No one is God to always read your mind.
15. Age Gap Compatibility:
Conclusion: No one can be perfect enough to have all the qualities you expect from a partner. Everyone has faults and it is hard if not impossible to meet someone who has all the above qualities in your favor. You both were raised by different parents, in different environment and different upbringing. That is why it is hard to think and act same way.