16 Recommended Financial Literacy Books of All Times that You Must Read
In case of financial success, ideas and strategies matter a lot among other factors. Although there are so many sources of information out there for financial literacy, books hold the biggest, most recommended and authentic sources of information for anyone to rely one. This is because almost every great and wealthy man that ever lived have written about how they succeeded, shared their business discoveries or had their lives studied and recorded in books by someone else.
Have you tried all that you thought would work out in boosting your business and financial status, but it failed? May be all you need is a different strategy and a new initiative. The surest of such financial knowledge acquisition approach is by reaching books written by experts.
Whether you are a beginner, a mid-level entrepreneur or a seasoned investor, reading books about financial literacy is an excellent way to learn about budgeting, allocation, saving and investing.
In this blog post, we have compiled a list of 16 recommended financial literacy books to help you become financially savvy. The books are selected from some of the best personal finance experts in history, including Benjamin Graham, Robert Kiyosaki, Ramit Sethi and John C. Bogle, to ensure you get the best advice.
Our list also includes popular books, such as Rich Dad Poor Dad and The Total Money Makeover, to help you get started in a different and exciting financial knowledge.
The Following are the Most Recommended Financial Literacy Books that You Must Read
1. The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham:Benjamin Graham was an influential economist, professor, and investor of British-American descent. He is widely recognized as the originator of "value investing". and is the author of a well-known book, The Intelligent Investor.
The book is broken down into three main sections. The first section focuses on the principles of investing, including the importance of diversification and understanding the difference between value and speculation.
The book is written in an easy-to-understand style and contain several examples to illustrate his points. Graham's advice on investing has been proven time and time again, making this book a must-read for anyone serious about investing. Highly recommended!
2. The Little Book of Common Sense Investing by John C. Bogle
In this book, Bogle outlines simple, but effective, investing strategies that can help you make smart decisions with your money. He explains how to diversify your investments, minimize costs, and pick the right investments for your goals. He also provides insights into how to evaluate risk, maximize returns, and navigate the financial markets.
The Little Book of Common Sense Investing is a great resource for beginners and experienced investors alike, but more recommended for those who wish to explore great investment ideas for a better decision making.
3. The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. StanleyThe Millionaire Next Door is a business book written by Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko. The book focuses on the concept of frugality and how it is the key to becoming a millionaire.
Frugality is the quality of being economical, prudent or thrifty with money, food or available resources, or simply, economic prudence.
The Millionaire Next Door outlines the traits, strategies, and habits of people who have successfully achieved financial independence and become millionaires. The book is based on research from the authors and from interviews with millionaires in the United States.
It is a great resource for anyone who wants to learn how to become financially independent and build wealth. It is an easy read and is filled with practical advice on how to save money, invest, and create a secure financial future. I will recommend it for those who find themselves having difficulty in financial management through excessiveness, misappropriation and extravagancy.
4. Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert KiyosakiRobert Kiyosaki's book Rich Dad Poor Dad is a must-read for anyone looking to get ahead financially. In the book, he shares the stories of two fathers, his own and that of his best friend's.
His own father, the Poor Dad, was a highly educated but financially unsuccessful man. His friend's father, the Rich Dad, was a self-made millionaire who used unorthodox methods to achieve success.
The book is filled with valuable lessons on money management, investing, and entrepreneurship. It is an inspiring read that will leave you with a better understanding of how to build wealth.
Rich Dad Poor Dad is a well-known book and every ready of its copy can never remain the same.
5. The Total Money Makeover by Dave RamseyIf you're looking to get your finances in order and take control of your money, then The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey is the perfect book for you.
This comprehensive guide takes a practical approach to money management, providing step-by-step instructions on how to set financial goals, create a budget, eliminate debt, and create a plan for saving and investing.
The Total Money Makeover is full of real-life examples and stories of people who have successfully used Dave Ramsey's principles to improve their financial situation. This book is an essential resource for anyone looking to take control of their finances and create a healthier financial future.
The book teaches financial literacy in a practical approach with case studies thereby giving real readers no option but to adopt the great ideas in the book.
6. I Will Teach You to Be Rich by Ramit SethiRamit Sethi’s book, “I Will Teach You to Be Rich”, is an essential resource for anyone looking to get their finances in order though expert guide.
This book is a comprehensive guide to personal finance topics, such as budgeting, savings, investing, and debt management. Sethi’s approach to managing money is simple and straightforward, and he provides a step-by-step guide on how to achieve financial success.
7. The Wealthy Barber by David ChiltonThe Wealthy Barber is an international bestseller written by David Chilton. This book is an easy-to-understand guide for achieving financial success and it is widely recommended by most economists and financial experts.
The main character, Roy, visits a barber and learns important financial lessons from him. These lessons are simple and straightforward, making it easy for anyone to understand. The book covers topics such as budgeting, investing, debt handling, tax appropriation, and retirement. It also provides helpful tips on how to become financially secure.
By taking the time to read and apply the lessons in this book, you can take control of your financial future. If you’re looking for an easy-to-understand guide to financial success, The Wealthy Barber is the perfect book for you.
8. The Automatic Millionaire by David BachIf you want to become a millionaire, then The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach is the book for you. Written in a straightforward style, Bach lays out a simple plan to help you become a millionaire by automating your finances. He explains how to make the most of your money and how to create a plan that will make your money work for you.
The book also includes tips for cutting back on expenses, saving for retirement, and investing in the stock market. The Automatic Millionaire is an easy-to-follow guide that will help you reach your financial goals.
9. The Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing by Taylor LarimoreThe Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing is a must-read for anyone looking to gain a better understanding of the principles of finance and investing. Written by Taylor Larimore, one of the founders of the Bogleheads investing community, the book provides a comprehensive overview of investing principles and strategies.
It covers topics ranging from asset allocation to retirement planning and provides an easy-to-follow guide for readers of all experience levels. The book’s language is straightforward and accessible, making it a great resource for beginners and experienced investors alike.
10. The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever Need by Andrew Tobias
It provides a broad overview of the different types of investments, how to evaluate them, and how to create a portfolio that works for you. With chapters covering everything from stocks and bonds to annuities and mutual funds, Tobias provides a thorough analysis of each type of investment and explains how to make the most of them.
11. The Business of the 21st Century by Robert KiyosakiThe Business of the 21st Century is an essential book for those looking to gain an understanding of the entrepreneurial world.
12. The Index Card by Helaine Olen and Harold PollackThe Index Card by Helaine Olen and Harold Pollack is a unique and empowering book that gives readers a simple and effective way to manage their finances. Written in an easy-to-understand style, this book provides an overview of the most important principles of personal finance and how to apply them.
The authors discuss the power of budgeting, the importance of saving, and the basics of investing, all within the structure of a 10-by-7-inch index card. This book is a great resource for everyone, from first-time investors to experienced money managers, and it is sure to help readers reach their financial goals.
13. The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke by Suze OrmanSuze Orman's The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke is a must-read for anyone looking for financial advice. It offers a comprehensive guide to getting out of debt, saving money, and building wealth.
Orman provides straightforward advice, simple tools, and actionable steps to help readers make smart financial decisions. Her easy-to-follow steps make the book accessible to any reader. Orman also offers helpful tips on topics such as budgeting, investing, retirement planning, and more.
This book is an essential resource for anyone wanting to take control of their finances. I strongly recommend this book for any young person looking to take charge of their financial future from the scratch.
14. The Wealthy Gardener by John SoforicJohn Soforic's book The Wealthy Gardener is a must-read for anyone interested in financial freedom and personal growth. Soforic provides practical advice on how to build a garden of wealth and abundance. He covers topics such as financial planning, investing in real estate, cultivating relationships, and more.
The book is written in an easy-to-understand language and contains motivating stories of people who have achieved financial success. This book is ideal for anyone looking to take control of their financial life and create lasting wealth.
15. The Intelligent Asset Allocator by William BernsteinWilliam Bernstein's The Intelligent Asset Allocator is a must read for anyone interested in investing. The book covers a wide range of topics, from the basics of asset allocation to more advanced concepts like portfolio rebalancing and hedging.
Bernstein explains the importance of diversification and how to create a diversified portfolio that meets one's individual needs. He also provides a detailed look at different types of investments, such as stocks, bonds, and real estate, and their pros and cons.
In addition, Bernstein provides insight into the historical performance of various asset classes and their trends, helping readers make informed decisions when investing. The Intelligent Asset Allocator is an invaluable resource for both novice and experienced investors alike.
16. Best for College-Bound Teens: Paying for College, 2023:
This article would be incomplete if we do not consider young people who find it hard to afford the tuition fees, they need to further their studies, and students who are still studying in school but having financial hard time.
Paying for College, 2023: Everything You Need to Maximize Financial Aid and Afford College offers a comprehensive look at maximizing financial aid and affording college, hence, this book is a great resource for college-bound teens.
It provides detailed information on the various types of financial aid, including grants, loans, and scholarships, as well as advice on how to apply for aid and how to make the most of the financial aid packages offered. It also offers guidance on budgeting for college and understanding college costs.
This book is invaluable for helping college-bound teens navigate the financial aid process and make informed decisions about how to pay for college and actualize their academic dreams.
In conclusion, financial literacy is a skill that everyone should strive to master. Learning how to manage your finances is an important part of financial success. The 16 Recommended Financial Literacy Books of All Times is a great resource for anyone who is looking to improve their financial literacy.
Reading these books can help you become a more informed and financially literate and can be instrumental in helping you set yourself up for a secure financial future and reach your financial goals.
Note: There are several books out there that can take your financial literacy to the next level. Besides the books listed in this article, we will also recommend popular books like Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason, among others.